Saturday, May 23, 2015

Edward was Bullied in front of Me

In a toy store, Edward already selected a toy he likes. It was Red from Disney Cars, and while looking at other toys, a bigger kid suddenly appeared and was trying to pull the toy away from him. He didn’t let go.
I said “Excuse Me” to the kid and his guardian came back to say sorry. But Edward was shaken. He asked me to carry him from then forward. And he became very quiet. I tried to explain to him that sometimes situation like that happens. But I was there to do something about it. And if I’m not around, he should tell others. He said he was scared and in the verge of crying.
I felt really bad because I wasn’t able to protect him properly. After coming home, I wished I handled the situation differently. It’s really frustrating. Sometimes the right words wouldn’t come out at the right time.
So parents, be vigilant. Situation like this can happen anytime anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment