Friday, May 15, 2015

Almost 1 Month of Being SAHM

It’s almost a month now and so far I’m still adjusting. I’ve been in the corporate world for 11 years. And honestly, the transition to SAHM is not that smooth.
My daily routine would include sending Edward to school, blog as I wait or run errands when I get bored. After coming home, I feed Edward, make him sleep, chores or prepare his activities when he wakes up from napping. Probably 2-3 hours free time. When he wakes up, do activities, play with him, feed him dinner, play, get ready to sleep. And my day is over.
There are times when I question my decision, especially when I can’t think of anything worthwhile to do. But at the end of day, I’m plain tired to do anything. And that becomes another reason to be down. There are also times when I feel pressured of not having a stable source of income. I saved up enough but sometimes I think what would I do after I’ve used it all up. I guess that’s when I need to get moving on earning again through other means.
Recently, my son and husband got sick, I feel the pressure of not having a health card. A lot is running on my mind, honestly… I’m finding it hard to focus especially since I don’t have hard deadlines. With these troublesome doubts, I can’t enjoy it fully.
The first month at least is not what I expected it to be. Of course, I was able to do some things that I like to do. But there’s still a gazillion things that I want to do. I just can’t find the time and energy to do so. Ironically, these are the same sentiments I have when I was still at work. But at least now, some of the plans are getting done. Not all, some… I guess that would be the case until I am fully adjusted.
It’s hard and I’m trying to cope everday. The only time I’m assured of my decision is when my son would hug me. And when he does, all the doubts disappear.
Hopefully, in the coming days, my update would be more inspiring. To the fully adjusted SAHM, I wish I’m in your shoes now.

No comments:

Post a Comment