Wednesday, May 6, 2015

2nd Day of SAHM

Okay! Today is the life I somehow envisioned. I sent my son to school, alone! Of course I was scared. There are lots of uncertainties, not sure if I’m upto it yet. Not to mention, yesterday, I saw a kid wearing the same outfit as Edward, I immediately panicked thinking it was him with another adult. Haha, see how unprepared I am. So I was happy that we were able to survive.
Honestly, I get bored waiting in school, I tried bringing a magazine. And no! It’s not Seventeen as husband suggested. It was a business magazine, I browsed until I got bored. That’s probably in 10 mins.
So I’ve decided to explore the area. Went to Merriam Bookstore and got 2 cool books at a cheap price.
image
I did a few price research while browsing. I’m into DIY flashcards now. I saw blank flashcards probably 3×5 size selling for 29.50 Php for 50 Pcs. It looks like a blank Corona 3×5 Index Card selling at 34 Php for 100 pcs. Then I realize that the one I’m using is cheaper as it’s 33 Php for 100 Pcs. Of course, the Corona has better quality as both sides are smooth. If I exhaust this, I’ll think if I want to switch.
image
Next, I did some grocery and bought Kalvin a pasalubong. Then I was back in school, trying to see what’s happening inside. And mainly getting scoops about the lives of other kids. Hmmm, so I guess that’s a normal boring morning.
Right after school, while having lunch, Edward started playing with his first activity. He loves stickers, that’s why finding an affordable store is a must. The set he played with today costs 7 Php wholesale price for a minimum of 12 pcs. Since we can’t find a decent sticker album we used drawing book instead. This cost 15 Php.
image
image
image
image
image
While Edward was sleeping, I started working on his worksheets. This one failed, he didn’t want to do it.
image
Remember in my previous posts, I mentioned looking for an alternative to save my printables? I found my solution!!! Acetates, we are putting acetate over our worksheets. And with washable markers, we can reuse it over and over again. Merriam is selling it on a retail quantity. 21 Php for 5 Pcs. Super proud of this workaround.
image
image
image
Next, I’ve introduced him to marbles. I promised him before that I would buy him marbles, since it’s one of the childhood games I know. Merriam is selling a pack for 15 Php. I absolutely don’t know how to play it so I taught him what I learned in the Nanny Patrol. I made him practice scooping with a spoon. Hopefully, this would improve his skills.
image
image
image
But Edward has other ways to play… Yup! With his trucks.
image
image
image
Here are the rest of his activities…
image
image
image
Overall, I am happy with today as I was able to spend time with my parents and sisters as well. I even got a souvenir, a scratch! For chasing the marbles… And after 2 days of walking in the sun… I am taned!

No comments:

Post a Comment