Friday, January 30, 2015

TWG

On a perfectly normal office Friday... My teammates and I have decided to try out TWG, located at Ground Floor, BGC Central. A posh place we were excited to try. As we were all first timers, we can't help but be giddy about it.
image
image
The first thought... "ooh... it's really a nice place" but honestly, I was a bit overwhelmed that I didn't give the macarons much attention even if they were near the entrance. I was trying to compose myself to hide the excitement.

We were greeted by courteous staffs and the level of poshness made us a bit awkward. I rarely go to fancy places... So the idea of someone pulling a chair for you and placing a napkin on your lap is a bit overwhelming.
image
image
The staff provided us with a menu and a Tea Book, and believe me... With the hundred of teas to choose from, having the tea book will help. If you're unsure of what to get, you can always ask the staffs. Like what my friend did, the staff showcased tea leaves to help us decide what to do get. A pot of tea is around 195 Php, good for 2-3 cups.
image
We got Chocolate Tea, it was a bit bitter at first. I've added a bit sugar. It was a still bitter until I ate the macarons with it. By then, it was a perfect blend. The second tea pot was Pink Garden Tea, it was a bit flowery for my taste. I don't fancy it much. But my friend loved it.
image
The macarons are to die for. It costs 50 Php a piece. Not sure if it's pricey or not as it was my first time to try one. After tasting it, I'm sure it's not my last time to try it. The texture was perfectly soft and the taste was so flavorful. Yummy!!!
image
By order of preference, I like Salted Caramel, Red Velvet, Napoleon then Pistachio.
The verdict? Will definitely go back. For the tea and the Macarons. The lunch set is a bit pricey though. Ranging from 500-1000... From what I remembered.

You can buy Macarons in boxes. 6 pcs for 300 Php. 12 pcs for 550 Php and one more which I forgot if 24 pcs or not. Where you pay the price less 2 macarons cost (100 Php). So if it's 24 pcs then it's 1,100 Php as each cost 50 Php.

There are tea leaves you can take home but it's a bit pricey. Most of it cost above 1,000 Php.
image
image
So if you want to enjoy a cup of tea. I would highly recommend TWG. Initially, I thought it was super expensive.... But it was alright. For the quality of the taste and service... It was definitely worth it.
The photo below is to serve as a memento of our first time in TWG.
image

No comments:

Post a Comment