Friday, January 30, 2015

Beauty and the Beast Musical

image
Spectacular! As it was my first Broadway Musical to watch... It was truly memorable.

The stage was breathtaking. My breath literally stopped as I entered the balcony, it was steep and my fear of heights took in. I like for the details, lights and stage design. It stood out during the play. Even the transition of the scenes is remarkable.
image
Length of the play was okay. Act 1 is longer but I didn't feel bored in any part of the play. It runs a little over 2 hours. But no dull moments for me.
image
The voice of the actors/actresses is crisp. The smoothness of the sound is soothing and comfortable. The high notes are sang pretty well without breaking my eardrums. I love the rendition of the songs.
Costume is also good as it's exactly how I envisioned it. It was astonishing to see an animated film come to life. And that's how I feel watching the show. I absolutely loved it.

I love the Gaston and Be Our Guest number. Words can't describe my awe in seeing it. Truly marvelous.

Story wise, there's a little deviation from the movie but it was done in good taste. Totally entertaining.
I guess I've used up all the words to sing praises for the show. Because I truly loved it. Awesome Musical! Money and time permit.. I'll rewatch the show.
image
Here's what they are selling as souvenirs. Pamphlet costs 800 Php while the shirts cost 1,300 Php. Mugs costs 800 Php.
image
image
image

No comments:

Post a Comment