Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Bidding!!! Auction!!!

Just this month, I engaged myself in 2 auctions, 1 for a collectible item from Mc Donald’s and the other one is Edward’s painting in school. His first painting in canvas with his classmates.
For some reason, I was pretty lucky as I won both auctions. Is it a complete waste of money? For some… maybe. But for me. No! The money I’ve spent would buy my peace of mind and contentment. Especially on the painting.
I must say… it was pretty intense for both auctions, there were times where I questioned myself if I should raise my bid just to ensure winning. I’ve set a budget but I got way over it. But I’m still happy. Because deep inside I feel that it’s kinda redemption for the things I wasn’t able to keep as a memento.
I guess my weakness is there are some things that I really want to buy and must buy! So I guess my new year’s resolution for next year is fitting. For 2015, I promise not to hoard anymore. I’ll just buy the essentials, no panic buying of things. I’ll be a responsible parent.
Sounds like I’m convincing myself to be happy with the auction? Probably. I feel happy and guilty at the same time. But I guess, several years down the line when I see the painting… I know it is worth every peso. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment